As a member of our Claims team, utilize your knowledge of Workers Compensation Claims to independently investigate, evaluate and resolve assigned claims of a more complex nature in order to achieve appropriate outcomes. In this position you will administer and resolve highest risk management expectations claims in a timely manner in accordance with legal statues, policy provisions, and company guidelines.
- Promptly investigates all assigned claims with minimal supervision, including those of a more complex nature
- Determines coverage, compensability, potential for subrogation recovery, and second injury fund (when applicable)
- Alerts Supervisor and Special Investigations Unit to potentially suspect claims
- Ensures timely denial or payment of benefits in accordance with jurisdictional requirements
- Within granted authority, establishes appropriate reserves with documented rationale, maintains and adjusts reserves over the life of the claim to reflect changes in exposure
- Negotiates claims settlements within granted authority
- Establishes and implements appropriate action plans for case resolution including medical and disability management, litigation management, negotiation and disposition
- Works collaboratively with PMA nurse professionals to develop and execute return to work strategies
- Selects and manages service vendors to achieve appropriate balance between allocated expense and loss outcome
- Maintains a working knowledge of jurisdictional requirements and applicable case law for each state serviced
- Demonstrates technical proficiency through timely, consistent execution of best claim practices
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing with internal and external parties on a wide variety of claims and account issues
- Provides a high degree of customer service to clients, including face to face interactions during claims reviews, stewardship meetings and similar account- specific sessions
- Authorizes treatment based on the practiced protocols established by statute or the PMA Managed Care department
- Assists PMA clients by suggesting panel provider information in accordance with applicable state statutes.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.