Apply for this job now
Accounting Staff for 9-12 Month Project | Public Sector Advisory Services
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
Description & Requirements
BKD's Public Sector Advisory Services (BKD PSAS) practice offers a wide variety of solutions beyond standard accounting services, such as financial, risk, IT and program management services to federal, state and local governmental agencies.
We are looking for candidates who possess a strong accounting background and a meticulous eye for detail. This posting provides an opportunity to submit your profile and resume for consideration for a project-specific assignment. This assignment will start in mid/late April and last anywhere from 9-12 months tentatively.
Key markets include Dallas, Springfield, Kansas City, St. Louis, Jackson, Little Rock, Houston, Indianapolis, Oklahoma City
What You Will Do: Entry level accounting or reconciliation role. No CPA required.
* "Vouching" - Review purchase orders and invoices to verify the monetary expenditures as indicated on the expense reporting spreadsheet
* Reconciliation of data
* Sort data into predetermined categories and if a category does not align, escalate to leadership
* Research general pricing on an item to make sure price is in accordance with current and reasonable expectations
* Compare items on checklists and ensure specific criteria is met
A Successful Trusted Advisor Has:
* Effective time management
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
* Willingness to take initiative
* Close attention to detail
* Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
* Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
* This is an entry-level role with no prior professional experience required
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
It is BKD's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
* BKD expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
* BKD further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with BKD.
* Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of BKD.
At BKD, our mission is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our people. Through award-winning learning and development, coaching and career advocacy programs, you will have the tools to make every play count and reach your professional goals. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to influence innovation and build long-lasting relationships. As a BKDer, you will be able to learn, lead, serve and be recognized for your contributions.
As a part of our People First culture, we invest in the well-being of our Trusted Advisors so they can provide Unmatched Client Service®. Click here to learn how we invest in our people: bkd.com/careers/our-investment-in-our-people.
Make your next play at BKD.
BKD, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,900 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
- Job Reference: 295833090-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: BKD, LLP
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent