GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role\:
The candidate for this position will support the development of machine learning and data analytic flows for efficient semiconductor devices and circuits model generation, reporting to the Worldwide Spice Modeling Group in Design Enablement.
Essential Responsibilities Include\:
Work with semiconductor device compact modeling experts to develop, deploy, evaluate, and improve Machine Learning data analytics and supervised and unsupervised machine learning flows for efficient Device Model generation and data mining. Below are required skills\:
- Fluent in coding in programming languages (one or more of Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.) and familiarity with analytic packages like scipy, numpy, pandas, matplotlib
- In-depth hands-on experience in successfully applying machine learning to real-world problems
- Strong knowledge of Machine and Deep Learning frameworks\: SciKitLearn, Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc
- Enthusiastic collaborator and effective communicator
- Self-driven and able to take ownership of assignments and work independently
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Team player; able to succeed in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate an intellectual curiosity to unlock hidden information in big semiconductor data, to provide better technology solutions for a better world
- B.S. with 7+ years of relevant experience, or
- M.S. with 5+ years of relevant experience, or
- Ph.D with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity and experience with semiconductor processing, chip design, and EDA tools is not required, but would be advantageous to have
- Proficiency in database technologies
- Experience with a multitude of machine learning methods such as multiple linear regression, advanced neural network, support vector machines, logistic regression, boosting, decision trees, clustering, HMMs etc
- Background in mathematical foundations for data discovery such as statistical inference and techniques for dimensionality reduction.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at usaccommodations@ and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.