Assist Purchasing Manager in daily administration and operation of Purchasing and Central Stores Departments Responsibilities
- Maintains maintaining administrative control over Central Storeroom inventory system. This includes inter-departmental billing, maintenance of approved stock list, execution of orders for replenishment of stock, inventory and invoice reconciliation; and working in conjunction with Warehouse Supervisor to achieve inventory minimization. Leads the year-end inventory reconciliation process of the Warehouse.
- Manages and develops of the pool of suppliers under purview.
- Maintains supplier and product awareness to include price and non-price considerations; quality, safety, customer service, speed, and ease to make changes to order content.
- Manages the assigned Purchasing Card activity effectively and reconcile purchases at end of month.
- Responsible, in absence of Purchasing Manager, for review and equitable distribution of daily purchase requisitions for all buyers.
- Manages of online ordering programs. Provides final approval of online supply orders, maintain product appropriateness and consistency across departmental borders, management of online training of all Woods employees on utilization of vendor websites.
- Manages all phases of the Medical Supply on-campus program, to include: purchase order administration and order placement, review of orders for appropriateness, reconciliation of problems and errors, sourcing non-ordinary product requests review, and approval of invoices.
- Manages the review, flow and processing of all Facilities and Housekeeping Department service and product requisitions.
- Manages office furniture program on campus, to include: maintenance of "Woods Approved" catalogue of typical furniture requirements, interviews and investigates furniture requests, coordination of approved vendor interaction with end-user, achievement of best pricing, order placement, maintenance, and delivery.
- Prepares reports as required by the Purchasing Manager, to include quarterly cost savings achievements and goal/objective activity.
- Assumes supervisory responsibility for Purchasing Department in absence of Purchasing Manager.
- Attends the Product Review Committee, offering historical context to products stocked within Warehouse.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including: vendor fund raising and solicitation.
- Generates effective communications across all levels of staff, excellent customer service relations and a positive image with suppliers and co-workers alike.
- Promotes courtesy, objectivity, and fairness.
- Acts as strong advocate for the entire Woods Services community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor degree is preferred
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in high volume service related purchasing environment preferred, 1year experience required.
- Ability to learn new database systems as they apply to the purchasing process throughout the enterprise, and capability to adapt to process and technical changes
- Exceptional organizational and customer service skills
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Ability to manage staff, work under pressure
- A valid driver's license required
- Must be able to lift/transfer 50 pounds and must be able to kneel, stand or squat periodically throughout the day