Apply for this job now
Associate Audit September 2022 | Kansas City
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
Description & Requirements
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter-both in the marketplace and in our offices.
We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
See what we offer new hires in terms of competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,600 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
Associates may take on the following responsibilities:
* Complete audit testing on financial statement accounts such as cash, accounts payable, or fixed assets
* Work with client personnel to reconcile account differences and analyze financial data
* Help draft management letter comments and the audit report
* Participate in client meetings alongside BKD partners and managers
Successful associates display the following skills and characteristics:
* Solid technical accounting knowledge
* Effective time management
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills preferred, including Microsoft Office suite
* Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
* Problem-solving attitude
* Willingness to take initiative
* Close attention to detail
* Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines.
* Associate positions require a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting
* Associates must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam or have CPA certification.
* GPA of 3.0 or higher (in major and overall) preferred.
* Previous experience or internships in a public accounting firm performing audit or tax work is a plus.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
- Job Reference: 295833063-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: BKD, LLP
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent