Associate Product Designer Scheme
Applications to close: By 20th Jan 2022 (Remember to complete and attach your response to the brief with your application!)
Moonpig Group wants you (yes, you!)
You've received a Moonpig card during the pandemic.
You've seen us on TV.
And, now you can't get that jingle out of your head!
So why not join "Moooooonpig.com!"
Whether you’re a designer by training, entirely self-taught or in the process of changing careers, we want to hear from you!
This scheme covers London, Manchester or Amsterdam (with an opportunity to rotate between all locations upon request). This role will follow a hybrid model - some days in the office, and some days at home.
This is a 12 month full time scheme (40 hours a week). With regular squad rotations over the period to develop you from an Associate level to a Junior Product Designer. We aim to offer you a permanent role at the end of the scheme.
Who we are
We're a fast growing team of over 400 kind, smart and motivated people across the UK and the Netherlands. With one thing in common..."creating moments that matter!"
Moonpig Group has been going for 21 years. We've delivered over 400 million cards. Continue to win awards for our App and we have a 5* company culture that allows you to bring your whole self to work and flourish.
Who would fit this position?
You might be fresh out of Uni or looking to take a different direction in your career. You may be new to the Design field and have very little experience... but that's okay. If you are passionate about solving complex design problems and have a willingness to learn, we want to hear from you. So go on... apply now!
Who you are
What you’ll be doing
- Inquisitive, always asking questions and hungry to learn through doing
- Positive energy and comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to suggest where to support, not always waiting to be asked
- Creative & analytical
- Someone who understands that Design is a process - it's not about jumping to solutions
- Someone who can challenge assumptions and put the customer at the heart of everything they produce
- You have a vague understanding of what we mean by the 'Double Diamond' Design approach (P.s. Google it)
What you’ll learn
- Day to day you'll pair with a Senior Designer who will take a keen interest in your development and be on hand for support whenever you need it. From the beginning of this role you will be working on real live briefs!
- Contributing to the design of a new screen in the app, gathering insights from our web users, workshopping the future of digital gifting or working with our Design System
- Working daily with a Senior designer to conduct User research, run workshops, design Web & App experiences for our real customers, etc.
- Working with other Designers within the wider Design Team. Contributing to the Figma Design System, running Retrospective sessions and more
- Carrying out small projects; designing screens, writing proposals & summarising research
- Showcasing your work and learnings on a regular basis; presenting once every 6 weeks in company Checkin's (they are a nice supportive crowd)
- Working with a well-rounded Design Team of 10 people
- Software skills; Figma, Miro, UserTesting.com, Hotjar, Google Analytics and more
- The 'Double Diamond' approach to Product Design (e.g. Research, framing, wireframes, prototyping, final designs)
- How to collaborate with all sorts of departments (e.g. Tech, Product Management, Data, Brand .etc)
- How to present your work and manage feedback
- How to structure your time
- How to gather and understand data
- Accessible design and best practices
- Formal and informal Product Design training
- MacBook laptop to work on
- 25 days holiday (+bank holidays & 1 day per year of service)
- Competitive Salary
- A generous bonus scheme - 15% opportunity (75% company performance including stretch target and 25% personal performance including stretch opportunity)
- Travel to different locations upon request; Amsterdam, London & Manchester
- Flexible benefit - £350, on top of your core benefits, to spend flexibly on something that's important to you.
- Company Discount - 70% off Cards and 40% off Gifts/Flowers
How to Apply
- We understand not everyone has a portfolio so instead we are asking for a copy of your CV and most importantly your response to the brief. Follow the link on Return to Work Mums to apply.
- Complete Brief & Send CV: By 20th Jan 2022
- We aim to get back to you with an initial response by the end of Jan 2022.
- 15 min Introduction Call: late Jan 2022
- Interviews: During Feb 2022
- Start date: Ideally in March 2022 (but we can be flexible)