Apply for this job now
- Jersey City, New Jersey
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
Summary: The AVP, Warranty Insurance Accounting role is part of the Specialty Risk - US team and focuses on special projects related to finance transformation initiatives, as well as data and process optimizations. Additionally, this role will spend time researching historical transactions and creating accounting history; understanding financial relationships with producers and counterparties and supporting business activities related to managing the extended warranty portfolio. The position will work closely with the Assistant Division Controller and the Specialty Risk - US team. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrust's mission, vision, and values. Upholds the standards of the AmTrust organization.
Managing Finance involvement in and support of Global Finance Transformation as well as Specialty Risk, US finance transformation and optimization initiatives (automation, data, process improvement).
Supporting special project work which may require critical and abstract thinking, as well as knowledge of insurance accounting, data and IT Systems, and performance of forensic accounting type tasks.
Liaison with other departments on on-going projects and initiatives as a sounding board as well as Finance representative.
Proposes ideas to senior company leadership for approval, funding, and sponsorship for full-scale development.
Lead & collaborate with teams to develop and oversee implementation of improved workflow integration, efficiencies, and proactive problem solving.
Establishes and reviews key strategic and operational priorities and develops them into a comprehensive plan
Analysis of key data and performance metrics to provide thoughtful action plans in alignment with the company mission and execution of goals
Ensuring business/functional strategic planning goals and initiatives reflect organizations strategic priorities
Providing leadership, guidance, reinforcement and accountability among teams to ensure smooth and efficient operations and quality output at or above company standards.
* Warranty insurance and/or strong technical insurance accounting experience with good understanding of insurance operations
* Must have prior controllership, project, and people management experience
* Must demonstrate a track record of process improvements in prior roles
* Strong communication and leadership skills to drive organizational change both internally and externally
* Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain internal and external relationships
* Strong technical accounting knowledge to report on US GAAP and Statutory basis of accounting
* CPA Preferred
* Big Four background Preferred
* Proficiency / experience of Financial Data & MI Systems, and implementations thereof
* 10 years of insurance industry experience requested
* Experience in warranty insurance products and accounting best practices, controllership experience is a plus.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.
- Job Reference: 295833144-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.
- Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent