Family Practice-Without OB opening in Novato, California. Physician is responsible for providing medical diagnosis, treatment services and managing quality health care services to patients. The Family Medicine Physician provides quality care to patients consistent with his/her training and expertise, and appropriate to the ambulatory care setting provided.
Services are administered as a Primary Care Provider, Urgent Care and Extended Access (same urgent care).
Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred but not required.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Maintains a professional relationship with staff and patients.
- Performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve clinic goals and objectives, as directed by the Medical Director.
- Care team responsibilities as outlined in the Care Team Patient Center Medical Home Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid and unrestricted license issued by the Medical Board of California to practice medicine.
- Board certified or Board Eligible.
- Medical Doctor with three 3-5 years of directly related experience which may include residency in a directly related medical specialty.
- Current registration issued by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) allowing the prescription of drugs.
- Prior experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) a plus.
- Prior experience working in community health a plus.
- Must be CPR Certified.
- NextGen Electronic Health Records (EHR) experiences a plus.
- Must maintain Continued Medical Education (CME) as required for certification renewals.
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, post-employment physical examination/medical history check.
- Ability to observe, to assess, and to record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Ability to see an average of 20 patients per day for Full Time shift.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- Ability to speak in Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to supervise, to lead, to advice, and to train clinical professionals, PA's/FNP's and/or students in area of expertise.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
We are an independent, nonprofit organization that is a vital part of the healthcare network of our community. As a Federally Qualified Health Center, we serve patients from all walks of life. Our patients include those who are employed and have private health insurance, people enrolled in Covered California plans, people covered by public insurance programs, and those with limited or no health insurance. No one is turned away and charges are based on each individual's ability to pay. Today, we serve more than 35,000 individuals every year in our nine clinics.