Purchasing Manager, RL/NA Dir. of Purchasing, RL/CP
Evaluates raw material and related requirements for accuracy, sufficiency and thoroughness; prepares, issues, and administers purchase orders and frame contracts
Manages assigned raw material inventories to optimal levels; develops raw material forecasts .
Reviews requirements, selects sources and purchases a variety of MRO parts and services to include some capital equipment
Develops and issues requests for proposals (RFP) and quotations(RFQ); negotiates with suppliers.
Evaluates supplier proposals for best value, price, delivery, and other factors
Creates and maintains data such as material pricing, lead times, material & vendor master data, purchase order confirmations, etc in required format.
Manages supplier relationships including performance and quality complaint resolution.
Leads or participates in efforts to continuously improve purchasing/supply chain dynamics such as inventory working capital, lead-time, quality, risk management, etc. Conducts and uses purchasing related data analysis to manage and improve purchasing processes
Assists in the development and implementation of purchasing strategies to meet both short and long term goals
Performs general tasks focused on adding value, reducing costs, and managing risk as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Four year business or purchasing related college degree (or commensurate experience)
3-5 years relevant purchasing experience in a commercial manufacturing environment; additional training in purchasing desired
Knowledge of supply chain and inventory management principles and concepts
Buyer Leonia 12-04-2015 Created on 01/30/2014 3:02 pm HRFORM H.OOI REV: B [JAN-30-2014]
2 PAGES mondi
- Experience in negotiating and supplier relationship management
- CPSM, CPM or APIC certification a plus
- Strong working knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook including data-driven analysis, pivot tables, spreadsheets and formal written business communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach required; ability to coordinate and lead new initiatives and to work independently using best purchasing practices
- Analytical thinking and solution driven.
- Able to obtain a high degree of proficiency in MS Excel
- Attentive to details and comfortable in a fast paced environment
- As a representative to suppliers, customers, and community, professional attire, conduct and a strong sense of exemplary business ethics are required.
- Work performed in a manufacturing office environment with time spent in manufacturing areas.
- Some travel required to visit suppliers and other Mondi plants