National Genetics Institute (NGI), a division of Labcorp, is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join its Plasma Screening team in Los Angeles, California. For over 25 years, NGI/Labcorp Plasma Screening has been ensuring the safety of the global plasma supply by providing for infectious disease screening and nucleic acid testing. We take pride in our unparalleled customer service, exceptional turnaround times, technical expertise and innovative test menu.
This position will be responsible for performing moderate and high complexity testing in the areas of viral markers, routine and special chemistry, and immunohematology; supervision of non-licensed laboratory personnel, and routine laboratory duties. The successful candidate will independently perform testing and evaluate test results; maintain appropriate test documentations and compliance with regulatory requirements.
The schedule for this position will be: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Participate in quality control and quality assurance activities
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Perform and document routine laboratory cleaning and preventive maintenances
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- CA CLS Generalist license required
- Bachelor Science degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- Working knowledge of Viral Markers Testing, Clinical/Special chemistry and/or Immunohematology is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are highly desirable
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to take accurate readings from equipment
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business need
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .