While other companies just build places to live, at HHHunt we build a better way of life. Founded by Harry H. Hunt III in 1966, HHHunt is a recognized leader in real estate development throughout Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland and South Carolina. It's the people of HHHunt who set us apart and make a positive impact every day. Working for HHHunt means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in all that we do, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. It is HHHunt's mission to improve the world and how people live by creating meaningful experiences and places of great distinction. We are looking for a genuine, motivated, and driven Compensation Analyst to join our team. This is a remote position and individual may be based in Virginia or North Carolina.
WHO YOU ARE
* A Strong Communicator. You have clear and effective communication skills, written and verbal, which helps you to build relationships across the organization and achieve desired outcomes.
* Organized and Confident. You are flexible, composed, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Analytical and Solution-Oriented. You interpret data effectively and use your findings to implement positive change.
* Decisive Nature. You are able to balance multiple priorities and exercise sound judgment.
* Motivated. You go the extra mile to achieve your personal and professional goals.
* A Driven Team Player. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As the Compensation Analyst you will assist in the creation and maintain a compensation function by developing and administering the company's pay philosophy and program. The position is responsible for researching, establishing, and maintaining HHHunt's compensation grades and/or ranges in a competitive space. This involves responsibility for developing and administering the policies and procedures related to classification and compensation in conjunction with the benefits offered.
* Assist in development of HHHunt's pay scale and structure to create competitive wage rates and ensure HHHunt's pay scale complies with changing state and federal laws/regulations.
* Collaborate with business unit leaders and partner with consultants on a variety of compensation related initiatives to include design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation with an all-inclusive scope from hourly, commission and executive pay.
* Research, recommend and administer annual increases, base pay, bonus programs, including review and bonus cycles to ensure current HRIS compensation modules are managed and updated appropriately.
* Manage all aspects of benchmarking compensation survey participation, data analytics, and presentation of findings.
* Analyze and make recommendations based on labor market and related trends analysis to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
* Engage and provide guidance regarding compensation policy interpretation relating to job descriptions/analyses (new hire offers/promotions/job changes), FLSA classification and salary to ensure current and future positions are appropriately classified within DOL regulations and established pay scale structure.
* Work with HRIS Manager and BTS staff to ensure that the system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, bonus programs, etc.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in business, human resources, economics, accounting, or related field is required
* Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in the analysis, design, implementation, and administration of encompassing compensation program
* World at Work CCP or ACCP, HRMI CCBM, SHRM-CP or HRCI certification preferred
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
* Project management skills and abilities capable of balancing multiple and competing priorities
* Ability to communicate highly sensitive topics successfully to achieve desired outcome
* Experience with Ultimate Software preferred
* Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license
* Extensive knowledge of pay strategies, philosophical decisions in setting up a compensation program, and how to structure and implement in an organization.
* Openness to change and the ability to make a business case for it
* Proven analytical ability to handle data effectively and interpret labor markets trends
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills managing top to bottom business partners
* Ability to function as an effective and respected partner
* Ability to handle multiple tasks while still delivering high quality results
* Possess the maturity to handle sensitive information and make sound decisions
* Strong organizational, project management and administration skills
* Demonstrated strong Microsoft Office skills
* Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. As a progressive organization meeting the needs of a diverse workforce, we not only provide the standard competitive benefits package, we offer flexible work schedules, adoption benefits, HHHunt property rental assistance, home purchase discounts and education assistance-to name just a few.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity to join a great organization, visit and discover for yourself why we believe, it's how you live that matters.
HHHunt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.