Apply for this job now
Credit Assistant - Minneapolis
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
Job ID: 6277
Fostered in over 178 years of history and expansion, Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. continues paving the way for ingenuity and innovation as one of North America's largest metal distributers. Ryerson provides high quality, essential products that our customers rely on, while creating teams of individuals who are ambitious and hard-working.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals because we understand that our people are our most valuable asset. We believe in promoting from within and providing the resources for long-term career progression and development.
If you are interested in working for an essential business with a global reach that is dedicated to a great work atmosphere, and a say yes attitude, Ryerson is looking for you!
We are currently seeking a qualified Credit Assistant to join our Minneapolis, MN credit team.
Summary Role Description:
The Credit Assistant position is responsible for supporting the credit department in various tasks as assigned by the Credit Manager and the Credit Analysts. This includes working the Aging report which involves making collection calls and initiating collection email to customers for specific branches assigned.
Job performance must be done in such a manner that the Credit Assistant be able to communicate and interact with all levels and departments within the Ryerson organization.
• Respond and initiate credit reference requests.
• Conduct collection calls or emails.
• Process collection/dunning letters.
• Conduct account reconciliations.
• Credit card reporting, report reconciliation and other related tasks.
• Other duties as assigned
• Associate Degree preferred
• High School Diploma or GED
• 3-5 years credit administration experience preferred
• Working knowledge of MS-Office Suite applications (MS-Excel, MS-Word and MS-Outlook)
• Able to perform job duties under stressful conditions
working relationship with co-workers
• Ability to work under stressful conditions
• Demonstrated ability to perform within a team environment and add to the overall success of the team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
- Job Reference: 295832469-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc.
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Permanent