Apply for this job now
Customer Success Accounting Analyst - Accounting Software
- New York
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
Backstop Solutions Group is seeking a dynamic Accounting Analyst with accounting software experience to join our Customer Success Team within our Institutional Investor Accounting practice.
Backstop builds and supports a suite of software applications for the Institutional Investment industry including a leading Fund Accounting and Investment Management Platform. You will be responsible for supporting Customer Success Managers in their efforts to manage high-value customers. Your work will be project related and will be comprised of new customer implementations and ongoing customer-care initiatives. You will be faced with new challenges daily and will exercise exceptional problem solving and data analysis skills coupled with an understanding of fund accounting and portfolio management. You will interact with customers and will represent Backstop Solutions Group professionally and treat all customers as valued partners. This role is ideal for a team-player with an outgoing personality, a solid understanding of accounting principles, and a curiosity to learn industry specific software and the nuances of portfolio management and fund accounting.
* Become proficient in the Backstop Accounting product and develop a good understanding of other Backstop products.
* Drive Customer Care initiative through to resolution.
* Understand how customers use the product and find ways for them to use it more effectively.
* Thoroughly analyze and document bugs of enhancements.
* Provide friendly, personalized interactions with customers.
* Serve as the voice of the customer to prioritize feature requests and platform improvements.
* Support testing (UAT) to ensure that new product developments successfully match requests.
* Take direction from Customer Success Managers and execute project work within parameters of defined projects.
* Be aware of support metrics and strive to meet team goals.
Experience and Skills
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 1+ years of experience as a business analysis
* 1+ years of experience in fund accounting
* 1+ years of experience with fund accounting software support
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to understand technical concepts and problem solve
* Familiarity with technologies like APIs
* Familiarity with Institutional Investment Fund Accounting & related systems
* Familiarity with writing functional requirements
* Familiarity with UAT
* Familiarity with MS SQL Server Management Studio and SQL statements
* Comprehensive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability
* Pet Insurance
* Unlimited vacation time
* 401(k) company match
* Professional organization memberships
* Gourmet coffee, tea, and espresso
* Team events and quarterly company parties
* Casual work environment, jeans encouraged (when not visiting clients)
* The chance to work for a growing service provider in the alternative financial industry
We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of disability, veteran status, or personal characteristic, are encouraged to apply. Diversity and inclusion is both embraced and is a recognized business advantage. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
- Job Reference: 295832638-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: Cogency Software
- Location: New York
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent