OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS
At Columbia, we're as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we're proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: "It's perfect. Now make it better." As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The eCommerce team powers our US and Canada Columbia.com sites as well as our Customer Care Center. From merchandising and marketing to product management and technology, the consumer is at the center of everything we do. And, the eCommerce team is known for the relentless improvement of the customer experience-always striving for a better, faster, easier experience.
Our Customer Care team maintains a high level of customer service by responding to requests and inquiries with accurate information to consumers in a courteous, efficient, and timely manner. This position will be expected to answer customer inquiries via our chat function on the Columbia.com eCommerce site.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
* Process moderate to high levels of consumer inquiries via chat communication.
* Provide accurate information regarding product features, specifications, and recommended uses of Columbia Sportswear and Sorel apparel and footwear. Provide information on where to purchase garments using internal product locating applications in addition to various consumer inquiries.
* Display a positive attitude toward the Consumer Services Team by maintaining professionalism, respect, courtesy, and support to others.
* Positive and maintain open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff, and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
* Knowledgeable in effective telephone customer service techniques and strategies. Ability to read, write, and speak English with strong verbal and written skills. Must be proficient in keyboard use and word processing. Must be able to maintain a calm demeanor while dealing with difficult or unhappy customers.
* A high school education or equivalent
* A minimum of one-year call center experience required. Experience in the apparel industry, specifically outdoor trail running is preferred.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.