Emergency Medicine opening in Thomasville, Alabama. SCP Health (SCP) is a clinical company. At our core we work to bring hospitals and healers together in the pursuit of clinical effectiveness. With a portfolio of over 8 million patients, 7500 providers, 30 states, and 400 healthcare facilities, SCP Health is a leader in clinical practice management spanning the entire continuum of care, including emergency medicine, hospital medicine, wellness, telemedicine, intensive care, and ambulatory care. Job Details
- 10K annual ED volume (Daily volume averages 17 patients per 24 hours)
- Level III trauma center
- 11 hospital beds (8 exam, 2 trauma, 1 swing bed)
- Single coverage EM
- Physicians are allowed to work 24 hour shifts
- General surgery available
- Cardiology clinic 2-3 times per week
- ED Physicians cover inpatients after 7pm - 7am during the week and required to admit and round on inpatients during weekends 7pm Friday - 7am Monday
- ED Physicians will also cover holidays and vacations taken by the Hospitalist
- Procedures required: intubation and airway management
- EMR: Athena Health
No other specialty services at this time other than a new Hospitalist covering Monday-Friday 7a-7p Facility Information
Thomasville Regional Medical Center is a 11-bed facility designated as level three trauma center. Staffed with professional healthcare providers, Thomasville Regional Medical Center strives to provide top-notch patient care to the residents of Thomasville and surrounding areas. Thomasville Regional Medical Center offers a full range of services including surgical, imaging, occupational medicine, emergency and much more. Community Description
Thomasville is a progressive town rapidly growing. With plenty of amenities to offer including restaurants, historical attractions, annual festivals, sports and year-round fun, this quaint town is a great place to call home. Thomasville offers low cost of living, K-12 education and great neighborhoods. Located in South Alabama, Thomasville is 124 miles from Birmingham, AL and 193 miles from New Orleans, LA.
We offer a competitive compensation package, leadership training and development, SCP University with over 200 hours of free CMEs and more.