Family Practice-Without OB opening in Owensboro, Kentucky. Job ID: 8273Practice Details
- Family medicine physician to join an established primary care group with multiple clinic locations.
- We can offer a variety of practice settings: 100% outpatient, hospitalist, or traditional inpatient/outpatient.
This Family Medicine Position Is Perfectly Suited for The Physician Who Desires A starting salary $45,000 to $60,000 more compared to similar positions located in Louisville and Nashville, coupled with a cost of living 30%, this physician will have significant purchasing power to build a new home, pay off school loans and retire early.Closest Major City
You'll find Owensboro, Kentucky as the main hub of western Kentucky and a premier city in the Midwest. Owensboro and the surrounding region are known for a friendly atmosphere. Located on the southern banks of the Ohio River, Owensboro has a low crime rate and cost of living, a high quality of life and wide variety of housing options.
As one of America's best places to live and work, Owensboro has much to offer, including, Kentuckys Sports town (Sports Illustrated). This physician and family will enjoy the gorgeous state parks, bike trails, a skate park, 15-mile Greenbelt walking/running/biking trail encircling the city, 5 golf courses, fishing, disc golf.
Partner with this organization who represents a new era of health care and wellness for the region and the brand-new, $500 million-dollar hospital and medical office building project features a nine-story facility licensed for 477 patient beds, and offers views of lush green vistas and natural scenery from every room.
Colleges and Universities
- 81 miles to Louisville, KY
- 113 miles to Nashville, TN
- 146 miles to Lexington-Fayette, KY
- 147 miles to Indianapolis, IN
- There are 13 colleges within 50 miles of Owensboro.
- Kentucky Wesleyan College (KWC) is a private Methodist college in Owensboro, a city on the Ohio River, in the U.S. state of Kentucky. Kentucky Wesleyan College is known for its liberal arts programs. Fall 2014 enrollment was 716 students.
- Brescia University is a coeducational Catholic university located in Owensboro, Kentucky, in the United States. Founded as a junior college for women, it is now a coeducational university offering undergraduate and master's programs.
- Dugan Best Recreation Center provides a wholesome, quality, clean and safe environment for youth and adults of the community. The Center provides activities that can enhance the future goals of our youth and offers year-round recreation activities for all ages. It features a gym, stage, kitchen, game room, fitness room (adults only), computer stations and meeting rooms.
- Travis Aubrey Skate Park offers equipment for skateboarders and BMX bikers.
- Cravens Pool is a neighborhood pool located at 2815 Cravens Avenue.
- The four tennis courts located on the campus of Kentucky Wesleyan College on Scherm Road are City courts and are available for public use.
- $200 million invested in downtown revitalization has resulted in Numerous new restaurants, and unique shopping
- Antiques - Antique stores offer a real glimpse into the states past. Discover bourbon collectibles, horse racing memorabilia, furniture and heirlooms
- Specialty Shopping - Who doesn't like shopping? From upscale fashion to FAB, from the latest designs to consingments and gift shops, from chic jewerly to elegant apparel, for all ages.
- Shopping Centers & Malls - Owensboro offers a wide range of shopping for your everyday fun.
- Sporting Goods - You'll find a complete line of sporting goods, athletic equipment, active sports gear and leisure apparel here in Owensboro.