Apply for this job now
Financial Analyst III (MV) - 36194
- Norfolk, Virginia
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of performance on a large complex contract. The Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the program team and works directly with the Finance Manager & Program Manager to help define the project's goals and objectives; and recommends actions to improve progress and performance. The Senior Financial Analyst will have significant interface with Program/Project Managers, senior technical staff, as well as other functional organizations including contracts, finance, accounts receivable, subcontract management and procurement.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance related field; Typically requires 4 to 7 years' experience
* Education and work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience. Education requirements may be waived with relevant work experience.
* Must possess a strong background working with multiple government contract types: FFP, FPI, FPLOE, T&M, CPAF, CPFF, CPIF, and hybrid contracts.
* Must Currently hold or have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance after employment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Expertise in Excel and overall MS Office suite and a working knowledge of relevant software applications, including JAMIS and others.
* Must be analytical, possess excellent communication and presentation skills and have the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
* Strong customer service focus.
* Prepare, coordinate, and document complex financial analysis. Provide cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring and forward-looking analysist support to Finance Manager & Program Manager including Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and development of time-phased forecast and budget schedules.
* Excellent organizational skills, able to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines.
* Lead project set up in compliance with contractual terms, conditions, and requirements.
* Prepare program financial Estimates at Complete (EAC) and meet deadlines for submission requirements.
* Identify project risks and opportunities and provide analytical contribution in working resolution with PM, Contracts, Procurement and Finance/Accounting.
* Review and assess all contract modifications. Advise the program management team of impacts as necessary.
* Monitor costs and manpower on a weekly basis ensuring that actuals are within budget and charged to the correct job number. Process cost transfers as required.
* Perform analytical review and arithmetic checks of cost reporting documentation.
* Understand causes of financial trends & anomalies. Prepare accurate and complete variance analysis and reporting.
* Prepare/Support Internal Program Review (IPR) presentations for management.
* Prepare financial Contract Data Requirements (CDRL) for programs. Ensure contractual requirements are met and customer financial deliverables are accurate and on time.
* Perform ad-hoc financial analysis on the contract as requested.
* Monitor funding status, providing reliable and timely notification of funding status by line item detail as required.
* Support accounts receivable as required during the billing processing. Monitor billing status and unbilled issues, working with Finance, Contracts, Accounting and PMO to resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Prepare subcontractor and vendor accruals as services/goods are received in accordance with GAAP and internal policies to ensure that the project's cost/commitment is accurately captured and reported internally and externally.
* Ensure program revenue and profit is recorded in compliance with the EAC.
* Analyze profit risks and opportunities and advise management on the optimal path forward.
* Ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley, FAR, JTR and all company policies and procedures as they related to contract performance and financials.
Security Clearance: Secret
- Job Reference: 295832325-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: Alion Science and Technology
- Location: Norfolk, Virginia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent