Managed Business Solutions is seeking a a driven & highly motivated Geospatial Services Practice Lead to join our team. MBS fosters an entrepreneurial spirit and a vision for growth that builds on our stellar record of performance in the federal, state, and commercial markets. The successful candidate will be given a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow this new practice.
The Practice Lead will report to the General Manager and is accountable for building the Geospatial business area, identifying market verticals and unique niche geospatial services/solutions with clearly defined value propositions. The successful candidate has a sound understanding of geospatial services business issues and can identify markets and services that best solve these business issues.
The Practice Lead serves as a thought leader, trusted adviser, and strategic partner to clients and partners, and will mentor and train colleagues and other staff. This individual must quickly integrate into a growing organization. The successful candidate makes disciplined decisions based on disparate information and enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment. A demonstrated ability to support people, and build teams is a core competency for the successful candidate.
The Practice Lead is accountable for the overall performance of their organization. They play a critical role in aligning geospatial services with market-focused customer expectations and ensuring high quality engagements. Responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge of geospatial technologies and industry to drive technical service/solution direction for the practice
- Identify and hire key technical resources needed to deliver on projects
- Demonstrate technical thought leadership by writing blog articles, white papers and presenting at conference
- Collaborate with solutions architect to align proposed solutions with business needs
- Identify and scope appropriate prototype and proof of concepts to support business development activities
- Develop and execute strategy and business plans to define and develop markets for the solutions sets within the practice area
- Direct P&L accountability
- Work collaboratively with peers on similar market targets
- Employ strong diagnostic / discovery skills to uncover key challenges for the client
- Act as a trusted advisor to prospects and clients, demonstrating ability to build long term sustainable relationships
- Identify decision makers and generate new relationships within organizations
- Identify target markets, develop services/solutions with clear value proposition and differentiation
- Analyze market specific competitors and solutions to determine the practice's ability to compete
- Work on game-changing ideas to expand existing businesses into new territories
- Identify lead generation strategies including but not limited to partnerships, conferences, presentations, webinars, blogs, etc. for each defined market and associated service/solution
- Identify/hire key business development resources with targeted vertical expertise to drive growth in each market
- Support proposal development including writing, competitive analysis, win themes, and gathering capture intelligence
- Develop and maintain key relationship and partnerships
- Be a hands-on leader willing roll up the sleeves and work with all aspects of the team, leading by example
- Consistently execute on opportunities that provide customer value
- Provide leadership and orchestrate the internal and external resources needed to effectively deliver solutions
- Accurately forecast the business and pipeline opportunities on a consistent basis to align team skills and capacity
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Science, Geoscience or other relevant field or equivalent professional experience
- 7+ years of experience architecting, implementing, and administrating enterprise IT-geospatial solutions/systems and geospatial technical expertise to guide practice direction and decisions.
- 3+ years building a business practice
- Professional experience in technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, and deployment
- Must have a deep understanding of markets, customers and related technology; have the background to provide leadership in the practice and demonstrate effectiveness in consulting and client management.
- Background in solving small and large and complex customer issues successfully by collaborating with senior leaders (customer and internal stakeholders).
- Deep understanding of delivery skills, methods, and tools.
- Curiosity and learning agility: consistently seek innovative approaches and solutions to prospective client and partner relationship development and account management
- Proven ability to achieve mutually beneficial, 'win-win' scenarios with clients, partners and colleagues alike
- Results oriented: ability to prioritize opportunities, overcome obstacles and obtain results
- Open and collaborative: works well in team environments including strong interpersonal and team leadership/management skills
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive project/deals at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Ability to stay current on technical service and product/market trends
- Strong, persuasive communication and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas--both verbally and in written form--whether to customers, executives, or other technical or non-technical peers
- Must possess excellent ethics and solid personal accountability
- Be an effective relationship builder and leader
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Master's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Geoscience or another relevant field
Environment (Working conditions, physical requirements):
- This position will require moving of up to 10 lbs. This position will be mostly stationary requiring some movement around the office and frequent communication with others. The average working hours will be 8 hours per day for this position with occasional need to exceed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.