Head of Business Development – For Global Head-hunter
This role is an exciting, dynamic, autonomous position that is suited to someone wanting to work on a part time basis, from home.
This role is working for a Global Head-hunter who is seeking to widen the portfolio of high-level C suite positions to source for. This role would suit someone who has been in a senior sales position (ideally in headhunting/recruitment) but is looking for a work from home/part time position they can fit around other commitments.
This role reporting directly to the Managing Director and is to be at the forefront of developing client relationships to generate new business revenue or retain existing business through the identification, nurturing and conversion of prospects who require a managed business service.
The Head of New Business Development role will be responsible for strategically agreeing the target list of accounts to pursue and be personally tasked with making inroads into those businesses at a senior corporate level, before handing the C-Suite headhunt assignment over to the head-hunter to fulfil.
The role requires a more proactive and enterprising approach to the market and will need to be strategically minded and be able to ‘take a step back’ to review and analyse target companies before implementing a holistic plan of action to win the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and develops new business opportunities
- Evaluates existing partnerships and sales efforts with an eye towards building on what works and changing what doesn't.
- Expands the profile and reach of the company.
- Tracks emerging markets and trends.
- Helps to shape the company's long-term objectives and determine plans for how to meet them.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Entrepreneurial and strategic thinker.
- Ability to effectively recognise commercial opportunities.
- An ability to immediately deliver direct sales from major key accounts.
- Commercial awareness of the needs of the business including budget expectations, delivery of sales revenue, margin restraint and logistical challenges.
- Leadership skills.
- Personal integrity.