GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role\:
GlobalFoundries is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Testchip design automation intern to join a dynamic team of design and layout engineers. The team's mission is to provide state-of-the-art test structures for microelectronic development in advanced nodes (45RF, 28nm, 22nm, 14 nm) located at our Malta, New York office.
Essential Responsibilities Include\:
- The candidate must be proficient in programming or scripting, preferably be able to write efficient code in Cadence SKILL language to develop Parameterized Cell (PCell) and place & route script to generate layout. They must have a good understanding of physical layout, technology ground rules, and semiconductor processes.
- The candidate must also possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work flexibly in a team environment. Using these skills to deliver projects on time and facilitate rapid progress across a diverse engineering team, including design, process, integration, characterization, and software tool engineers.
- Design macros often consist of integrating discrete device macros into large padcages, custom functional designs, and running design rule checks (DRC) and other checking algorithms. This position heavily relies on the candidate's ability to automate macro design, and to respond rapidly in a dynamic environment.
- The candidate should also have skills in the following areas (or a subset of)\: semiconductor device layout, Cadence Virtuoso, knowledge of Linux/UNIX, SKILL programming, Perl, Python, TCL, shell scripting, Cadence, Calibre, and SVRF.
- The ideal candidate would also possess self-motivation and proactive mentality to debug errors and solve problems with invention and ownership.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education - Senior or Junior in Electrical Engineering or Physics or other related disciplines
- Experience - 1 years of any work experience
- Travel - 0% of travel required
- Language Fluency - English
- Physical Capacity Demands - be able to successfully operate a computer in an office setting.
- PhD in Material, Chemical or related Sciences or Engineering with 6+ years of
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at usaccommodations@ and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.