How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives. Responsibilities
The Mammography Technologist assists with providing safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing all exams provided by the department according to department procedures. The technologist has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study. Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgement, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of the equipment for the diagnosis and/or treatment of diseases. The technologist is able to independently perform job functions. Sets up the equipment to provide imaging service and positions patient for the procedure.
Shift: Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. From 8:30a - 7:00p
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiology Technology;
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of one (1) year of Mammography experience preferred.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Prefer advance registration by the ARRT in Mammography or mammography registry eligible
- Bond Denisity experience
- Current BLS with the American Heart Association
Required Minimum Skills:
- Competency in all aspects of Mammography, patient positioning, exposure factors and radiation protection.
- Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology as to how they affect the quality of a procedure.
- Must be able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language.