Description & Requirements
Our Client Accounting Advisory Services group works with small to mid-sized clients to establish and implement process-driven financial reporting functions. Preparation of routine and periodic financial statements is a given. Our service is about enabling our clients to automate their historical reporting function with innovative technology solutions while providing dedicated account management from experienced financial professionals. BKD is looking to expand its growing Client Accounting Advisory Services.
Our Chicago office is actively seeking a dedicated Managing Consultant with at least 7 years of experience as a controller or similar role or in managing client accounting engagements, including accounting system maintenance and accounting operations. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has worked in the private industry and is seeking a fast pace environment that will enable them to provide valuable consultation and advice to several small to mid-sized companies.
Candidates must have solid communication, technology, analytical and managerial skills. Candidates should possess the ability to translate data, facts, and circumstances into consultation, advice, and recommendation.
What You Will Do:
* Formally assess a client's current accounting system and business functions
* Make recommendations for improvement in all aspects of a company's financial operations
* Implement recommendations to the system
* Assist clients with management reporting including budgeting, KPIs, and other metrics
* Research, discovery, and creation of new business technologies to streamline and grow the practice including opportunities with existing clients
* Participate in the proposal process for prospective clients
* Represent BKD in the professional and business community
A successful Trusted Advisor has:
* Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines
* Excellent presentation and communication skills targeted to effectively present information to C-level management, public groups, and/or board of directors
* The ability to clearly and concisely emphasize key objectives
* Aptitude and passion to learn new software(s) and other technologies
* The ability and awareness to recognize when an approach is not effective and can pivot to a new approach seamlessly
* Ability to travel as needed (to client locations, BKD practice offices and/or conferences)
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in public accounting, organizational accounting operations including accounting system operations, financial statement preparation, and supervision of accounting, payroll, and sales tax functions
* Ability to navigate several accounting packages and add-on platforms
* Experience with accounting software(s), monthly/period processing and closing, financial statement analysis, and preparation
* CPA or CMA certificate
* QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification
* Business development experience
At BKD, our mission is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our people. Through award-winning learning and development, coaching and career advocacy programs, you will have the tools to make every play count and reach your professional goals. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to influence innovation and build long-lasting relationships. As a BKDer, you will be able to learn, lead, serve and be recognized for your contributions.
As a part of our People First culture, we invest in the well-being of our Trusted Advisors so they can provide Unmatched Client Service®. Click here to learn how we invest in our people: bkd.com/careers/our-investment-in-our-people.
Make your next play at BKD.
BKD, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,900 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
It is BKD's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
* BKD expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
* BKD further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with BKD.
* Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of BKD.