St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Purchasing Service Line Specialist will have expertise in sourcing supplies, equipment and purchased services. Ability to accurately produce a detailed financial analysis including pricing comparison, distribution, and inventory control. The Specialist will engage in all purchasing activities of the respective network service lines and act as a resource to Network Executives, Directors and Managers in order to provide the best overall value in all aspects of assigned projects.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sources, reviews, and implements cost savings opportunities for supplies, equipment and purchased services.
- Collaborates with Materials Management leadership for cost savings opportunities through Premier contracts, local contracts and other sources.
- Works closely with department managers to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve patient outcomes by improving purchasing processes and customer service.
- Interviews and selects vendors to evaluate products, equipment or services requests. Assists with bidding and negotiating contracts.
- Manages the day to day activity with purchased services contracts to ensure efficient implementation, performance and responses from contracted vendors.
- Monitors contract pricing in the Materials Management information system to ensure accurate information
- Performs and presents financial analysis to Value Analysis teams in a concise professional manner to ensure all members have an understanding of the materials and can make informed decisions.
- Adheres to and maintains compliance with goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the department.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Standing for up to 4 hours, up to 1 hour at a time. Walking for up to 4 hours per day, 1 hour at a time. Sitting for up to 8 hours per day, 4 hours at a time. Frequently uses fingers for data entry, etc. Frequently uses hands for filing, telephone and loading printers with paper. Uses upper extremities to lift up to 30 pounds. Stoops, bends or reaches above shoulder level. Hearing as it relates to normal and phone conversations. Seeing as it relates to general vision, near vision, peripheral vision and visual monotony.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred and/or 3-5years' experience in healthcare setting preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in Purchasing or Materials Management preferred. Clinical background is a plus. Must be accurate in dealing with figures. Experience with computer/Microsoft Excel or Access required.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!! St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.