Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Payroll Analyst is responsible for proactive collaboration with customer and key internal business partners within the Global Payroll organization. This role is responsible for processing payroll to ensure compliance with rules, regulations, and laws. The Payroll Analyst role requires independent thinking and actions in handling the payroll analysis and validations. Knowledge of pay regulations, overtime compliance, Federal and State Tax legislations are important. The individual must be able to creatively think of ways to connect and combine large volumes of data from a variety of sources, create impactful dashboards, interact, filter and mine data to share insights and ensure an accurate and compliant payroll.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure accurate data files are provided to payroll vendor to process payroll, includes 3rd party files, e.g., timekeeping, stock, relocation, benefits, retirement, rewards, commuter benefits, deferred compensation, etc.
* Review manual checks and pay related adjustments processed in the payroll system
* Assists with third party payroll system implementations and upgrades
* Interprets pay policies, (e.g., holiday worked, overtime, calculation basis for deductions, government regulations, withholding exemptions, etc.) and ensures appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated and applied to the various accounts correctly
* Verifies compliance with government payroll requirements; stays current with changes in the law
* Assists with internal or external audits of records, worker's compensation, tax filings, SOX, and other related documentation (compliance)
* Analysis and validation of payroll processing results using technology through reports and macros
* Perform audits of data prior to payroll completion and follow all established controls
* Complete post payroll audits and reporting, prepare metrics and track errors using technology and reporting tools
* Root cause analysis including constructive and preventative actions (CAPA)
* Documents payroll processes and procedures
* Assist in the review of current payroll processes to identify areas of process improvements and standardization
* Respond to complex payroll related inquiries from employees and/or key stakeholders
3 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
* 3 - 5 years payroll experience
* Knowledge of payroll regulations and laws
* Payroll experience with large multi-state employer
* Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and manage one's time
* Advanced Excel level, proficient with all other Office applications
* Previous experience working with outsourced payroll providers
* Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, flexibility, and a willingness to learn new things
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Location: Austin, TX. Relocation assistance will not be offered