GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role\:
GlobalFoundries seeks an experienced Senior Feild Applications Engineer in our Austin, TX location. You will have responsibility for providing on-going support to GlobalFoundries customers. You will be part of our Global Sales Organization identifying, qualifying, and securing new business with assigned clients while at the same time providing a high level of operational service to these clients on existing business.
Essential Responsibilities Include\:
- Develop customized technical presentations and proposals to assist customers in the evaluation of our solutions
- Take ownership over GlobalFoundries technology demonstration and drive design win acquisition strategy and process
- Serve as single technical interface to customer and coordinate all technical sales interaction
- Offer most credible representation of strengths and weaknesses of the GlobalFoundries technology (internally & externally)
- Formulate customer requirements and promote a compelling GlobalFoundries design solution and convey our value proposition
- Identify and propose solutions to gaps and bottlenecks in the GlobalFoundries product and service portfolio to meet customer requirements (maybe)
- Collaborate and leverage GlobalFoundries product marketing/design solutions/technology development teams, and provide real time customer feedback
- Understand competitive design/technology/product landscape including emerging technology trends and competitive threats
- Continuously learn about the customer and product, developing relationships, gathering intelligence, uncovering new opportunities
- Ensure that issues/obstacles/questions to a design in are resolved either directly or by engaging internal experts
- Gather, summarize and drive team to close the technical gaps in our offerings that result in design win losses and/or misses in new revenue opportunities
- Partner with account and sales managers, working to ensure success in activities leading design win closure
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or Related Discipline
- Minimum 8 years of Experience in Semiconductor IC Design/ System design/ Semiconductor IC or System Test
- Travel Requirements\: 30% of Travel
- Language Fluency\: English (Written & Verbal)
- Master's Degree and or PhD in Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Experience in supporting CPU, GPU, FPGA, ASIC work and Complex interface IP experience is a plus and will greatly help with the job function.
- Must be able to travel to visit customers and GF Fabs in USA, Europe and Asia
- Strong Communication, Organization, Presentation, Inter-personal and Influencing Skills
- Significant experience with advanced-node semiconductor technologies and devices
- Significant experience with design rules, enablement flows and tools
- Strong sales aptitude
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at usaccommodations@ and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law