Apply for this job now
Project Accounting Analyst
- Herndon, Virginia
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, check out this Project Accounting Analyst opportunity!
The Project Accounting Analyst is a key member of the Project Accounting Group and will work with 4 other Project Accounting Analysts. You will assist in the development and deployment of the project accounting function and associated activities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
In this role, you will:
* Serve as a lead technical resource for the group.
* Consistently demonstrate high levels of technical and professional knowledge and quickly assimilate new knowledge.
* Multi-faceted role that will entail working closely with operations and business finance representatives and coordinating system functions related to project accounting.
* Work to ensure all project set-up and maintenance functions comply with corporate standards and internal controls.
* Work with project management to provide suggestions on the most effective setup of projects in Costpoint.
* Ensure compliance with key control objectives and risk mitigation measures.
* Support internal and external audits.
* Maintain contract set-ups within the accounting system.
* Process all funding and modifications to contracts.
* Participate in Project Set-up Kickoff meetings.
* Interacts daily with Business Finance, Contracts, Accounting and Operations.
* Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* Bachelor's Degree and 5 - 7 years of financial accounting or operational accounting experience.
* 3 or more years of specific experience in project Deltek Costpoint Project Accounting required.
* 4 or more years of experience in a government contracting environment.
* Ability to plan, execute, and deliver on projects in a timely manner; plus the ability to multi-task on varying projects and initiatives.
* Experience working cross-functionally in a complex, multi-national company.
* Strong communication skills and experience as well as the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels within a team or organization.
* Very high attention to detail; organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement; willingness to dig deeply into details as well as the ability to assess the big picture.
* Stellar work ethic.
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Additional desired experience and skills:
* Working knowledge of Cognos Impromptu a plus.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
- Job Reference: 295831401-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: Serco Group
- Location: Herndon, Virginia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent