D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Purchasing Agent for their Purchasing Department. The right candidate will bid on new projects, maintain scopes of work, track blueprints and design changes, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicit bids
- Pre-qualify subcontractors
- Setup and monitor option costs and sales prices
- Maintain and update current budgets
- Spread revised bids and obtain approval for any price increases
- Prepare direct costs analysis and variances for review
- Input original Direct Costs budget
- Execute lot starts and final proof all unit costs
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook!