Responsible for assisting with the purchasing function for all Center needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate of Arts Degree from an accredited school preferred. One-year experience in Purchasing/Procurement required. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications is required.
Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and/or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
• Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
• Types, files, processes necessary paperwork and perform other clerical functions to further the Center's purchasing activities.
• Coordinates with other Center functional areas (Logistics, Finance, etc. ) to ensure the integrity of purchasing procedures and quality and quantity of goods purchased.
• Maintains an up-to-date file of small, female and minority businesses. Conducts periodic analyses of purchasing activity to ensure the Center's compliance with established objectives pursuant to purchases from small, female and minority businesses.
• Maintains vendor contact and qualified vendor/supplier list.
• Coordinates with Finance department to ensure accuracy of pricing and accounts payable information.
• Conducts follow-up with vendors on past due orders. Notifies others on Center of status of various purchases.
• May order goods and services from time to time as directed by the Purchasing Agent, as well as working with BPA's, PO's, and EPR's.
• Involved in the bidding process (RFP's and RFQ's).
• Work with the A/P clerk for invoicing, if applicable.
• Weekly follow up for PO's and EPR's with all Departments.
• Participates in weekly Triangle Meeting which involves Finance, Property and Purchasing, to ensure documentation compliance with Finance requirements.
• Complies with all provisions of the Center contract as related to the Purchasing/Procurement function to ensure Financial Audit compliance.
• Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
• Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
• Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
• Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
• Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
• Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
• Provides quality services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of requisite services.
• Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
• Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
• Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
• Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)