If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 68382
Skyworks Cedar Rapids design center has leading R&D and product development capabilities and is seeking engineering talent with expertise in RF/microwave, RFIC design, and PA product development to meet rapidly increasing customer demand. When you join our team in Cedar Rapids, you'll join a uniquely collaborative, multi-discipline engineering community who support each other working across our domestic design centers creating cutting edge products for global markets. You'll be paired with an experienced mentor to help support you as an integral part of a team responsible for designing multi-chip modules. Working and living in Cedar Rapids provides a commute-free lifestyle in a vibrant city consistently ranked as one of the country's most affordable cities. Learn more about the fantastic Cedar Rapids lifestyle when you talk with our team!
You will be part of a multi-discipline team developing PA, RF switches, LNA, front-end modules for the high volume and fast paced cellular handset market. You will have opportunities to participate in all phases of product development, including product definition, architecture, system budget, transistor-level circuit design, MCM design, layout/layout supervision, lab debug and production support.
• Strong understanding in RF/microwave fundamentals such as impedance matching, passive RLC and resonant circuits, noise, linearity, circuit stability and Electromagnetic theory
• Solid understanding in module building blocks, including Power Amplifiers, Low Noise Amplifiers, RF Switches and Couplers, Filters and Multi-chip Module
• Relevant experience in (micro-strip/strip line stack up) multi-chip module (MCM), PA, LNA , RF switch design or passive circuit design such as integrated passive device, coupler and balun
• Strong circuit simulation skills utilizing Agilent ADS/, 2.5/3D EM tools such as Momentum/EMX/Sonnet, HFSS/CST and Cadence and ability to translate between the model, simulation, physical implementation, and measured performance
• Strong lab skills in data collection/analysis, lab debug/tuning and product troubleshooting
• A self-starter and team player with strong desire to learn on the job. Strong desire and commitment to take product from concept to volume production
• Good communication skills both verbal and written, capable of breaking down complex problems, setting priorities, reporting progress and executing to schedule
• BSEE + 2 years experience, or MSEE
• Good understanding of RF systems and familiarity with wireless standards including 3GPP cellular 2/3/4/5G/LTE, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth
• Solid understanding of device and process technologies
• Experience in system architecture, circuit topology and MCM floorplan
• Experience in FEM product development and customer interaction
• Good understanding of acoustic filter such as SAW, BAW filters
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Cedar Rapids
Job Segment: Engineer, Design Engineer, RF Engineer, Telecom, Network, Engineering, Technology