Summary of Role\:
This position is for a Senior Silicon Validation Engineer located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES state of the art campus in Malta, New York. The successful candidate will show strong test development skills; programming, scripting and hardware fixture design. He or she will have knowledge of Memory, Logic or Analog semiconductor IP. The successful candidate will develop and debug test content used in the process of validating and characterizing new design IP and/or new Product bring-up. He or she will develop and debug test content and perform functional characterization during the qualification of advanced technology nodes on GLOBALFOUNDRIES' strategic roadmap.
- Test program development, fixture design, test debug, characterization and validation on silicon.
- Develop, optimize and sustain test content used in technology qualification, reference design, IP characterization and validation.
- Functional test engineering; including tester configuration and calibration control, test program development, pattern generation and ATPG, MBIST, DMA and at-speed transition pattern translation, test methods library development and implementation in C++ and/or Java. Digital CMOS and analog circuit analysis. Test structure design, characterization, debug.
- IP validation for yield and performance on single-port, two-port and dual-port SRAMs, ReRAM, MRAM and CTT memory. Compiled memory with MBIST test and DMA test. Reliability test development for High Voltage Stress test, Voltage Droop test and Retention test.
- Develop data analysis methodologies to determine root cause of circuit design, yield limitation, parametric performance, defect and functional signals.
- Provide Silicon Validation reporting across PVT corners, as needed. Test data analysis, including corner lots, voltage and temperature characterization with JMP.
- Bachelor's Degree in Circuit Design, Electrical Engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 2 years' work experience in related areas.
- Fundamental understanding of circuit design, electrical test, and the implications of electrical characteristics and performance on yield and IP or product behavior.
- Good experience in Advantest 93000 test system, MTP knowledge, C/C++ and/or Java programming and Perl scripting skills.
- Knowledge of SQL scripting and JMP data analysis tools.
- Knowledge of semiconductor processing and process integration, test chips and test structures for yield limiter determination, improvement and reliability. Memory (single, dual and two port SRAM), Logic (Scan, ATPG) and Analog/Mixed Signal (HSIO) IP knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a global cross functional team environment.
- Project Management skills.
- Masters with more than 1 year's experience.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at usaccommodations@ and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.