"It all starts with people."
Inside every company, behind every brand-while business success is often measured in profit, it has always been powered by people.
At ChannelAdvisor we firmly believe people are the heart of any organization-including our own. That's why a career at ChannelAdvisor provides much more than simple pay and perks. We're dedicated to empowering people, solving tough problems, and helping careers flourish inside & out.
We're seeking a gritty, passionate, intellectually curious, persuasive sales professional with experience building total solution sales and forming tight customer partnerships. The primary objectives of this position are to grow the region's business, drive solution opportunities and continually enhance the breadth and depth of relationships with ChannelAdvisor's premier strategic customers and prospects.
We're seeking a gritty, passionate, intellectually curious, persuasive sales professional with experience building total solution sales and forming tight customer partnerships. The primary objectives of this position are to grow the region's business, drive solution opportunities and continually enhance the breadth and depth of relationships with ChannelAdvisor's premier strategic customers and prospects. If you have experience creating highly complex software and consulting solutions for leading online retailers, brands, and manufacturers, have a history of success developing an opportunity funnel, influencing decisions and selling across multiple offices, and are seeking a challenging opportunity to chart the future of commerce and work with the best in the industry, we want to talk to you.
* Analyze customer requirements, develop solutions to complex problems, and communicate and inspire a vision for the business to customers and prospects
* Build and maintain senior-level customer relationships through consultative selling and promoting customer confidence in ChannelAdvisor Able to strike a balance between building and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction with existing products and services and identifying ways to expand the business portfolio within named accounts Coordinate and partner with global business units to meet client commitments, expand cross-sell opportunities, and generate profitable sales in both existing and new business accounts
* Implement structured and consistent communication framework to ensure internal stakeholders and senior management have up-to-date visibility into the account status and opportunities to identify and implement corrective actions early in the process
* Analyze and prepare accurate business forecasts
* Negotiate multi-year software and services contracts
* Understand customer business objectives and ensure ChannelAdvisor is viewed as a strategic partner to help meet their goals
* Manage the Sales Process including:
* Build funnel - effective hunter, keen on running creative lead campaigns
* Qualify leads - are our solutions a good fit, and is there budget?
* Identify decision makers understands and builds value around pressing business issues
* Develop multi-threaded relationships maps solutions and services to business problems
* Close - negotiate contractual and financial terms Ensure ongoing customer satisfaction during presales and post sales engagements
* Communicate effectively and coordinate cross functional teams to ensure customer success
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related discipline
* 6 years + of related business and sales management experience
* Proven track record of success managing the sales process and developing strategic roadmaps which align customer needs, issues and opportunities with industry best practices and solution offerings
* Account and Project management skills; Client and Business plan management proficiency
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including an ability to establish credibility and trust with cross functional teams that can impact your customer (development, finance, legal and professional services organizations)
* Strong business acumen and analytical abilities
* Executive Presence
* Available for 50% regular travel to support named accounts
* Capable of working effectively in a team setting, as well as on your own with minimal supervision
* Maintain and update knowledge on all new technology in business and participate in various professional meetings for same
* In-depth experience and understanding of the eCommerce market and related competition; Previous experience selling to retailers and manufacturers who sell direct to consumer through multiple online channels
* Online marketplace (eBay and Amazon), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and other online marketing experience
* Previous experience using Salesforce
What to Expect:
The ChannelAdvisor Experience
Beyond the Benefits
We take a people-first approach to caring for our ChannelAdvisors. Generous paid time off, programs for new parents, flexible work schedules, and competitive health care programs. We work hard at ChannelAdvisor, so we give you the time to recharge and help your work fit your life.
Compassion and Community
We also care about our communities. ChannelAdvisor is proud to offer ongoing volunteer and community engagement programs. Such as A Day to Give Back, a program where ChannelAdvisors use one day each year to volunteer in their own community.
People are the best investment we make at ChannelAdvisor. We help you grow. Our offerings are designed to help you build the skills & connections you need to move forward in your career & commerce.
"When hiring, I seek grit, persistence, determination, curiosity, adaptability, competitiveness and scientific orientation. By scientific orientation I mean fact and evidence driven, hypothesis-forming and willing to change your mind.
These traits are ingredients for limitless potential in people. The antithesis of dogma, pedigree, privilege and entitlement."
David Spitz, ChannelAdvisor CEO