Discovery is at the core of everything we do - whether it's a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That's what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
Senior Workers Compensation Claims Administrator administrates and coordinates the investigation, reporting, payment defense and subrogation of insurance claims processed through insurance companies. Assists in the implementation and coordination of Risk Management policy and projects through communication with Store, District and Regional Management. Maintains a pro-active approach in controlling cost of claims.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Manages lost time and medical only claims for designated states. Reviews claims for thorough investigation. Monitor claims to ensure that the TPA complies with TJX guidelines.
- Provides support to store management, injured worker, and field. Monitors ongoing medical treatment and follows for work restrictions. Process Workers' Compensation coding.
- Administers the "Return to Work Program". Coordinates injured workers return to work with store management, nurse case management and claims adjuster. Monitor the claim until injured worker has successfully to return to work.
- Monitors litigated files. Consults with defense to determine best case strategy to bring the case the resolution. Reviews settlement evaluations and determines if appropriate. Request settlement authority from management.
- Provides guidance on Risk Management policy and procedures. Identifies all high value claim and consults with Manager. Reviews reserves and allocated expenses from inception of the claim to conclusion for adequacy.
- Attend telephonic claims reviews for designated states. Performs special projects as assigned, but not limited to, assisting in required paperwork and documentation (i.e. Workers' Compensation Posters, OSHA Survey Questions, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5 - 7 years' experience managing workers compensation claims
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail and follow up
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
- Confidentiality is a must
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Comfortable interpreting and communicating complex technical information with internal and external partners including legal counsel
- General insurance principles, Workers' Compensation law and litigation management
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff - competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.