Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Parks and Recreation, this full-time position will be accountable for leagues, tournament schedules, rentals and concessions at the Elgin Sports Complex which includes 10 softball fields, 10 soccer fields, 2 sand volleyball courts and a BMX track. This position will hire, schedule, train and supervise part-time staff which includes duties that require some independent judgement and action. This position will be responsible for field rentals, e-leagues, tennis, and indoor soccer which takes place at other park and recreation parks/facilities.
- Works to establish and demonstrate City of Elgin Parks and Recreation Department policies, emergency procedures, and safety guidelines and represent the City of Elgin in a positive, professional manner.
- Responsible for the coordination of recreational softball, tennis, soccer, e-leagues, rugby, lacrosse, t-ball and flag football.
- Processes program registrations, facility rentals and contracts for tournaments.
- Manages concession operations and complex electronic sign.
- Develops effective communication for information on programs, policies and schedules to participants, staff, tournament directors and renters.
- Hires, trains and supervises part-time seasonal staff.
- Collaborates with the Land Management Crew Leader on field preparation, schedules and capital projects.
- Answers questions and complaints concerning programs, facility policies and procedures.
- Submits payroll, invoices, facility and program related reports.
- Maintains a positive public image and attitude with good public relations and customer service.
- Responsible for payment transactions; collection, recording and reconciliation.
- Contacts participants on class cancellation, waitlists and transfers.
- Orders supplies and prepares budgets.
- Wears appropriate staff uniform.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Abides by all City of Elgin rules and regulations as outlined in the Employee Personnel Manual.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- General knowledge of major sports such as softball and soccer; knowledge of tournament scheduling and management of leagues, ability to solve problems within scope of responsibility.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in recreation, business administration or related field and/or a minimum of 5 years' experience in facility management and athletic programming.
- Ability to work 40-50 hours average per week.
- Ability to work weekends and extended hours when necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community officials, employees, volunteer groups and the general public.
- Ability to enforce all rules and policies of the City in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to assess long and short-term needs of the Elgin Sports Complex.
- Experience in concessions inventory and cash management.
- Experience supervising staff and volunteers.
- Must possess strong communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Must be able to multitask and problem solve.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Salesforce and RecTrac preferred.
- Certified Parks and Recreation Professional preferred.
- Training in emergency management preferred.
- CPR/AED certification is required within 3 months of employment.
This position does require candidates to have a valid Illinois Class D Drivers License.