GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role\:
As Product Engineer, you will be responsible for plans, organizes, leads, and direct technical work related to product engineering activities. Product Engineer will help customers to ramp their products from prototyping to production. Serves as a liaison and coordinate engineering activities from concept through production. Participates in continuous improvement efforts. Researches, recommends, and implements or improves new and/or existing products, processes, materials, technologies, and equipment. The product engineer will also work closely with IP design, NPI, DFT, Test development, quality/reliability teams to ensure customer's requirements are met.
Essential Responsibilities Include\:
- Work with cross functional teams in developing new products from concept to production release and sustaining phases
- Responsible for product quality, meeting product delivering to the required timelines
- Evaluating the product requirements and identify potential risk
- Review the design of products and processes
- Participate in the change management process across the value chain and ensure requirements are implemented properly and in a timely fashion
- Work with suppliers/vendors to ensure overall product quality and performance
- Resolve production issues by working with the Supply partners, and internal teams
- Provide technical support for IC design, Wafer Sort, Packaging and Final Test
- Assist in sustaining support responsibilities for all release products
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 6 years relevant experience in semiconductor engineering design (Design, Fab, packaging, test)
- Knowledge of process technology, packaging technology
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional team and be a gate keeper for product quality and achieving the performance targets
- Extensive product engineering experience in the semiconductor industry, RF experience preferred
- Must have good problem solving and analytical skills, as well as ability to utilize data for decision making
- Demonstrated ability to integrate across technical disciplines and organizations
- Master's or PhD in an engineering discipline
- 9+ years relevant experience in semiconductor engineering design (Design, Fab, packaging, test)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at usaccommodations@ and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law