Apply for this job now
Yard Dog-Truck Driver w/CDL
- Tullahoma, Tennessee
- $19.12 Per Hour
- Job Type
- 1 May 2022
Apply for this job now
While reporting to the Shipping Supervisor in the Warehouse Distribution Department, as the Yard Dog Driver- Material Handler, you will be responsible for collaborating and contributing to the production environment within our manufacturing operations. Safety, quality, productivity, and strong work ethic are important to the Sonoco culture. You will perform tasks that are necessary to provide high quality, efficient, timely shipment of Sonoco products.
What You'll Be Doing
* The safety and health of employees take precedence over all duties of this job.
* Provides safe, effective, efficient goods delivery while maintaining positive customer relations.
* Assist in directing work assignments with Supervisors to cover dock loads, dock unloads, EPP and EPS line needs.
* Moves trailers from building to building.
* Maintains appropriate driving licenses; maintains cleanliness of trucks.
* Track and report trailer issues so movement between plants is not disrupted.
* Checks and verifies tags/marking/labels for accuracy.
* Loads/unloads trucks; processes and maintains appropriate paperwork.
* Operates Lift Trucks and moves materials between plants and warehouse and to shipping or storage areas.
* Moves parts to designated area.
* Reports mechanical, electrical problems.
* Maintains cleanliness of areas.
* Performs all duties in a manner that demonstrates the highest level of quality and safety.
* Participate in all safety initiatives.
* Follow good manufacturing practices.
* Other duties as required.
*Why You'll Like Working With US: *
* We care about YOU through employee development, providing excellent benefits, investing in your future and valuing diversity and inclusion.
*We'd Love to hear from you if: *
* You have a High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
* Must be a certified lift truck driver and maintain a Commercial Driver's License.
* Have the ability to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
* Have the ability to frequently bend, stand, stoop and grasp.
* Have the ability to manipulate small parts on a consistent basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
*Work Environment: *
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Temperatures inside the plant can fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in the production department and other designated areas.
The above description only includes the essential functions and duties which are considered material to the proper identification and classification of the job and is not a limitation of or a restriction upon duties or work requirements that may be inherent in the job. The information listed should not be interpreted to include all details required in performance of the job or other related duties that may be assigned.
*Pay Rate: * $19.12 hr.
Protective Solutions Division
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.
Location: 207 Industrial Blvd, Tullahoma, TN 37388, USA
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.12 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
- Job Reference: 579136172-2
- Date Posted: 1 May 2022
- Recruiter: SONOCO
- Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee
- Salary: $19.12 Per Hour
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time